Status and Benefits
- You can redeem Award travel across the entire Thai Airways network, use your miles for an Upgrade Award on Thai Airways, and with Star Alliance Awards travel to almost any destination on the planet. THAI Air Awards THAI Upgrade Awards Star Alliance Awards Round-trip from just 15 000 miles One-way from just 16 000 miles Round-trip from just 35 000 miles.
|THAI Air Awards||THAI Upgrade Awards||Star Alliance Awards|
|Round-trip from just 15 000 miles||One-way from just 16 000 miles||Round-trip from just 35 000 miles|
- With participating hotel partners throughout the Asia Pacific region you can redeem Hotel Awards stays from just 12 000 miles.
- Plus Awards are great offers to redeem miles for exciting travel package and more*
*For more information please contact you local Thai Airways office or go to www.thaiair.com
Qualifying Miles that you earn with THAI and Star Alliance airlines determine your Royal Orchid Plus membership status. Each membership level, Member, Silver, Gold has unique benefits when traveling with THAI and Star Alliance airlines.
|Your status||With THAI||With THAI and Star Alliance|
|Silver||— personalized membership card — a Member’s Handbook
— 3,000 threshold bonus miles
— priority baggage handling and an extra 10 kilograms baggage allowance (except where luggage allowance is determined by piece)
|— priority reservation waitlisting and airport standby on all fully booked flights|
|Gold||— personalized Gold membership card
— 2 luggage tags
— 5,000 threshold bonus miles
— complimentary Gold Upgrades
— guaranteed seating on fully booked flights in Economy Class (not less than 72 hours before departure
|— top priority reservation waitlisting and airport standby* on all fully booked flights
— priority check-in and boarding and baggage handling
— an additional 20 kilograms baggage allowance, or 1 piece of luggage when the piece concept applies
— access to all airport lounges displaying the Star Alliance Gold symbol on presentation of same-day departing Star Alliance paid ticket and Gold card. One guest is also allowed provided they are also traveling on a paid ticket for same day departure with a Star Alliance Airline
*Where permitted by law.
- Qualifying Miles (Q Miles) are the actual miles flown* and additional class of service miles on THAI and Star Alliance airlines. Miles earned with other partners, or with promotional offers are not Qualifying Miles.
*Subject to paid fare or route exclusive with some Star Alliance airlines.
Silver status is attained with Qualifying Miles earned during 3 evaluation periods:
- 10,000 Qualifying Miles from the date of enrolment up to December 31 of the same year.
- 10,000 Qualifying Miles during the first complete calendar year after enrolment, a calendar year defined as January 1 to December 31 of any given year.
- 15,000 Qualifying Miles from the date of enrolment up to December 31 of the next complete calendar year.
Gold status is attained with Qualifying Miles earned during 3 evaluation periods.
- 50,000 Qualifying Miles from the date of enrolment up to December 31 of the same year.
- 50,000 Qualifying Miles during the first complete calendar year after enrolment, a calendar year defined as January 1 to December 31 of any given year.
- 80,000 Qualifying Miles from the date of enrolment up to December 31 of the next complete calendar year.
- 40 international flown sectors on THAI within any 1 calendar year.*
*Excluding G, V, W class